Current Job Openings
Grants Manager - Full Time Permanent (Kenai, AK)
Position Title: Grants Manager
Employment Type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Kenai, Alaska
Salary Range: Salary, $65,000 – $85,000 per year DOE
Summary: The Grants Manager is primarily responsible for managing grant work on behalf of our external clients. This includes identifying, obtaining, and managing grant and funding opportunities for various projects. The manager will thoroughly understand our client’s business and their needs, identify opportunities that are relevant, and work with internal and external staff and leadership to manage the entire grant flow, from application to post award.
- Work with external clients to identify priorities and functions that may benefit from grant and funding opportunities. Conduct meetings, facilitate planning sessions, and review existing documents to identify those priorities.
- Manage grant department staff and plan workload and assignments to ensure application materials are complete and deadlines are met.
- Review draft grant applications and assemble supplemental material from various sources and provide corrections or edits.
- Review final approved grant packages and submit via online grant application portals or by hard copy.
- Monitor the status of grant applications and communicate updates to the client.
- Maintain grant calendars and timelines for upcoming opportunities.
- Ensure post-award reporting is completed and submitted within the appropriate deadlines.
- Create policies, procedures, and workflows for the grants department.
- Maintain documentation in various computer programs and formats.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience applying for and managing grants in the private, public, or non-profit sector
- Exceptional writing skills
- Previous work experience with state and federal grants
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate knowledge of computer applications including the Microsoft Office 365 suite of products, with an emphasis on Word, Excel, and Outlook. Basic knowledge of Mac and Windows computers
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience working with local, state, or tribal governments
- Experience working with Alaska native tribes and corporations or other tribal entities
- Previous experience with grant management software
- Occasional travel may be required.
Working environment and physical demands
- Work is generally done in an office environment and frequently requires the use of computers, copiers, and other standard office equipment
- The incumbent may be required to transport up to 25 pounds on occasion, and frequently sit, stand, and walk.
Please apply with a resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Grant Manager Application’ in the subject line.
Get In Touch
110 N. Willow St. STE 130
Kenai, AK 99611